Monday 17 November 2008

Shotgun Marketing

Today was a good day. A pretty long day, but a good day none the less.

I've been putting the finishing touches to Shotgun Marketing and using the full process for a run I did on a Weight Loss related niche.

Anybody who's ever tried to break into the weight loss niche knows it's competitive. Ultra competitive, but with commissions as high as $30 for giving FREE stuff away, it pays VERY well.

Decided to try for a search term with 334,000 results, less than 20,000 results in quotes, but a very big "buying" term. OCI on MSN came out at 85%
, which means the chances of somebody searching this term and wanting to buy (commercial intent) is 85%. HIGH...

Trends are showing a 600% increase in search volume.... I'm in the right place (or places as I've got the top 2 spots) at the right time.

Here's a couple of screen shots:
334,000 results for the broad search term.

Used the Shotgun Marketing methods today November 17th 2008 and got the following results:



These are for the broad search term, NOT "quotes".

I've blacked out the urls. This is a pretty nifty niche, and at $30 a pop, I'd like to keep it that way.


What you can make out though is the date and time these 2 sites were setup. November 17th 2008. One site is 6 hours old (Position 1) and the other site is 7 hours old (Position 2).


All I've done is posted to these 2 sites. No other articles, no RSS submissions, no video. Nada. Zip.


So the 2 top spots out of 334,000 results. These are the broad search results, not in "quotes", so I'm topping the whole enchilada, the full 334,000 results.


My commission on each sale is $30. OCI is 85%. I reckon this could be pretty good...


When I run the other elements of Shotgun Marketing - Articles, RSS and Social Bookmarking then things will really take off. Keep in mind these are SITE urls, not feeds, and I occupy the Top 2 spots after 7 hours.


No.3 is a big PR4 site - so they must be pretty pissed off

No.4 is the shopping results (mostly EBay) so I've jumped them

No.5 is a HUGE PR3 site - and I KNOW they are pissed off because that particular site is promoting the same product I am.

No.6 is an Ezine Article (that will go as soon my Ezine Article passes review - which it will)

No.7 is a blogger blog (that will go as well as soon as I submit my Blogger Blog)

No.8 is a Wordpress Blog (ditto the blogger comment)

No.9 is a feed (ditto wordpress and blogger comments)

No.10 is a PR2 site


As things stand I have SITES at positions 1 and 2 after 7 hours. When I submit RSS feeds these will grab a couple more spots in the Top 10.

When my Ezine Article passes review that will occupy another spot.


My Blogger and Wordpress blogs will take up another 2 spots, so I should be looking at something like 7 of the top 10 spots.

Shotgun Marketing is about 13 sites, so I should have 13 SITES on the first 2 pages, plus all the other listings the articles and feeds will occupy.


Pretty nifty and all in a day's work.

No comments: