Thursday 12 February 2009

New project for the year

Hi all and welcome back.

It's been a pretty rough couple of months since Christmas and overall, I've let things slide a bit. Well quite a lot actually, but my base of websites is still there and just needs for me to get back into the old routine.

Into every life a little rain must fall, and the rain in my life took the form of the mother in law from hell, which leads me quite nicely into my first tip for 2009. Before leaving for your honeymoon, shoot your mother in law. Even better, marry an orphan. Ok, just needed to get that out of my system.

So on to the title of this post, "New Project".

Well I've been doing a lot or research on effective SEO techniques over the last few months and will be summarizing these in a report I'll be sending out over the next couple of days. As a test, I setup a new site on a keyword rich dot com domain and published this on February 6th. This is in a very competitive niche, with some nice affiliate commissions.

Results so far (remember it's only been 6 days)
  • Pages indexed in Google: 1 (I didn't submit the site - Google found me)
  • Broad Search: 65 from 819,000
  • Search in Quotes: 34 from 122,000
  • allintitle: 56 from 6,670
Not too shabby and set to build on this as I do some more link building. This is going to center on Web 2.0 sites, Social Media sites, Bookmarking, Article submissions, Directory submissions and Video.

Thought I'd spread it around a bit, just to keep under the search engine radars a bit, Yes, I know, sites are getting slapped once again for excessive use of various link building methods, which is why you need to spread it around.

If your link building consisted only of social media for example, try to use some alternatives. Moral is "don't put all your eggs in one basket".

I'll keep you posted on how this site progresses.

Look out for the next issue of the newsletter with this simple SEO guide.

No comments: